We have a new drop off system that will get you in and out and on your way!
Drop off is Thursday at 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the LaPlata County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, 2500 Main Ave, Durango.
- Consignors will drive into the parking lot forming a line. Once you pull up to a Munchkin Kidz Mart representative, present your consignor agreement and you will receive a consignor lanyard.
- Consignors will then be directed to the North side of the building to park, conserving space for others, and unload their vehicles placing consignor items near the building or on provided tables.
- As soon as you are unloaded, park your car out of the loading area.
- Then come on in and stock your items. Your clothing should be sorted into sizes and gender. All items need to be clean, prepped, tagged, and ready.
- And you’re done!
Consignors may have someone else drop off for them. The designee must have signed Consignor Agreement and assume all Consignor Responsibilities.
If the drop off time is inconvenient, please ask a friend. In case of an emergency, call for a scheduled appointment at least four days before the sale to meet in Bayfield or Ignacio. To schedule an appointment call, 970.749.5582.
Your items will be inspected by our amazing volunteers. If your items do not meet inspection, they will be set aside and ready for you to pick up after the sale. As a reminder, here are examples of some items that will not pass inspection:
- Clothing or bedding with stains, holes, broken zippers, overly worn condition, missing buttons etc.
- Clothing that is out of season for the sale.
- Toys, furniture, strollers, etc. that are broken.
- Items that have been recalled for safety or are expired, such as drop-side cribs and car seats that are more than 4 years old.
- Items that need batteries. We want to make sure our shoppers can test the item at the sale so please include the batteries.
- Items priced under $3. If you feel an item is not worth $3, pair and attach it to another until the value is at least $3 or put it in your next garage sale.
- Non-copyrighted DVDs.
Before you leave, please pick up your Pre-Sale Pass as you qualify to shop at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday morning.
Pick up is Sunday night after the sale from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. If you come early, you are at risk of being put to work as your items will not be ready yet. After 7:30 p.m. you will find your unsold items stacked on a table, labeled by your consignor number. Large items that don’t fit on the table will be nearby. We do our best, but we’re people and we make mistakes from time to time. Please ensure the items you are taking are yours. Your items that have not been picked up by 8:30 p.m. will be donated.
If you are unable to pick up your items, it is important that you make arrangements for someone else to pick up for you. Consignors also have the opportunity to donate all unsold items. To find out how, visit Tagging.
Tip: Bring a storage container so that you can carry your unsold items home. You can take hangars home, but you they likely not be yours. We just have too many to sort. We cannot guarantee that you will get as many as you brought or that they will be yours.
Lost and Found
Please check the Lost & Found table before you leave. Items that are separated from their tags will be placed here.
Your consignor check will be mailed 8 days after the sale. Be sure you put your correct mailing address on your consignor agreement. We will also send the tags of your items that have sold.